Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rescuing Theology from the Cowboys by Richard Twiss


Richard Twiss' new book, published by Wiconi International:


My new book, Rescuing Theology from the Cowboys, is based on my reflections, research and experiences over the past 24 years as a Lakota learning to walk on the Good Red Road as a follower of Jesus. It is also the story of many of us Native leaders who have been walking this Jesus Road together in community since the late 1980s. 
It is a close examination of the inter-connectedness between European colonialism and Christian missions among the tribal nations in North America. It is a redemptive look toward a preferred future, informed and inspired by the good, bad and ugly of the past.
While I have several publishers interested, I am choosing to self-publish for a season, currently in a spiral bound format. I will be regularly revising the book, but the basic content will remain the same. It is a 150 page, two-sided 8 1/2 by 11 format.
I believe you will find it educational, helpful, challenging and hopefully inspiring. I truly hope it empowers you to discover what it means to be more fully human as a lover of our Creator, our relatives in Creation, yourself and your neighbors in the spirit of Jesus as we all work and live for the well-being of Seven Generations!
Richard 






Post a Comment

wind follower

wind follower